Lightning Mist

Balance, peace, tranquility, with the occasional pepper and spice!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Day 2 & 3 (23/24 Sep 07) : France (& Switzerland very briefly)

After the wedding brunch, we drove to Chamonix (instead of Annecy as planned originally). Thank goodness for Michelin driving directions - we're totally dependent on them for our entire trip. They've proven to be so useful, much better than the Mapquest ones!

CHAMONIX:
After 1.5 hours of driving, 45min of cable car ride, 5min of walking/stairs climbing, we reached 3842m!!!



Snow capped mountains... the whole area was so silent, so open and yet enclosed at the same time.





3 Brave Souls!!!


My National Geographic shot! Har! (from the photographer's perspective I mean, I'm definitely no the one climbing!)



The famous Mont Blanc... on a foggy day!


What it should look like - Mont Blanc on a clear day
(I took this off the information board harharhar!)


GENEVA:

Geneva was next. We saw the signature fountain as we drove in. Driving in a foreign city during peak hour without a map proved to be almost disastrous. Though we did find our hotel, it was 1 hour later than planned and we were so exhausted by then all we wanted was to crash. I napped a little while Tien watched his rugby. Restaurants were almost closing, so we just bought kebabs (that weren't great) and picnicked in the room with more Rugby on TV. What a way to explore Geneva!


We did see a little of the city the next morning...






Smart Car!


And we can drink water off the streets!






We stopped by a cafe for breakfast.
Here's something like a Tropezienne (sponge cake with creme patisserie equivalent in between) with a coat of Marzipan! So cute I had to eat it.





I must say Geneva is a very pretty city, a pity our stay was so brief.

1 Comments:

Blogger D said...

oohhhh i really like the famous mont blanc shot you took!!!!

nice pix!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home